Thursday 7 December 2023

Power to the people week 9 reflection

 1. Planning


Our Project Planner (Milestone 1)


Looking back at the planning we did at the start, I think that we should've thought more about what our presentation was going to look like and put more effort into it.



Having had the experience of this project, if I was planning another project I would create more sub questions at the start and do more research.


2. Process


Links to our Group Planners:



Time management and workflow


Looking back at how well we planned and then recorded each week's and day's work and managed our time, I think we did well.


Another time, I would Put more effort in.


Collaborative skills


Considering how our group managed our relationships, discussions, decisions, and the way we shared out and contributed to the work, I think our team worked well together.


In future, I would get bill to communicate more.



4. Planning and Preparing our Presentation


Our Presentation Ideas (Milestone 3)  - link or embed the doc


Looking back now at how we planned and prepared our presentation, I think we did an alright job but it was hard to use google docs in some parts.



Another time, I would put more effort into it.




5. Showcase Day


My positives for Showcase Day were the complements we got about our display because it made it feel more worthwhile.


Another time, I would do more research into specific windmill models.



6. Reflection on the Project



a) What skills did you use, learn or develop during this project which will be helpful in your life beyond school?

the six C's



b) Would you like to do more of this kind of learning next year?

Definitely not, it was a complete waste of 2-3 periods a day for nine weeks, I learned nothing accept for how windmills work and what would be the best power source for Otaki. I think I could've used my time a lot more wisely and learned many more useful things that I could've used.


c) What did you learn from this process that will help with future projects?

I really hope that there are no more future projects this was a waste of everyone's time, I would much rather prefer traditional learning.


d) What advice would you give to the teachers if they are running this or something similar in the future?

Give less time to students to complete their projects and pick a topic that is not so specific so that students can have a better chance of being able to learn about something that interests them.


No comments:

Post a Comment